IPC is a leading provider of indispensable financial trading communications solutions to the world’s largest financial services firms and global enterprises. With 35 years of expertise and product innovation, IPC provides its customers with global systems and solutions, as well as a suite of products and enhanced services that includes advanced Voice over-IP technology and an integrated network with 24x7x365 management services for more than 40 countries.
About The Role
IPC is looking for a Cloud Optimization Engineer to contribute to the Optimization team in delivering progressive automation and server architecture to the organization. The ideal candidate for the role is a team player that gets excited about progressing technology and is perpetually looking to improve. The person must have experience in system administration, server-side scripting, VMware, Ansible, VM deploy automation and a background in coordinating with multiple teams. They will be expected to perform day-to-day administration for the Linux RedHat, CentOS and other Linux based operating systems around the globe while working closely with software engineering, release engineering and operations teams. Additionally, the Cloud Optimization Engineers will be expected to perform expert root cause analysis of problems while offering redesign solutions for proactive prevention of problems.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Drive architecture, design and engineering support for Linux/Unix infrastructure deployed on VMWare and other platforms.
- The candidate will provide SME support for infrastructure management and automation support.
- Hands on experience working with Ansible (Ansible Modules, Ansible Playbooks, APIs).
- Identify automation opportunities and implement automation to enable teams to build and deploy autonomously. Automate patch process, environment deployment process and platform security process.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Proficient in scripting languages (e.g. shell scripting, Python, Bash, Perl, etc.)
- Work collaboratively across cross-functional organizations to automate and streamline operations and processes using tools such as Ansible etc. and configuration and monitoring tools provided by the client.
- Perform as primary Linux/Unix Systems Administrator in a large enterprise environment with minimal supervision.
- Help with policy and documentation when necessary. Provide best practices and recommendations.
- Ability to work nights and weekends to deal with outages and maintenance windows and be a part of a team and provide moral and leadership support.
- Share knowledge. Be open, honest, and have a positive attitude and support any other duties as assigned.
- Provide guidance and coaching to the junior staff members and guide them as needed
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal or external customers, in written and oral format.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases. Expert knowledge of Internet technologies including: TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, and DNS
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or 10 years min of equivalent work experience required
- 5 years of hands-on infrastructure architecture and automation experience in a Linux/Unix environment with advanced knowledge of Ubuntu/Debian and RHEL/CentOS
- Solid documentation and communication skills.
- Creative thinker in solving technical problems
- Self-starter is a must
- Experience in systems engineering and/or infrastructure work is ideal, including relevant training and education.
- Relevant certifications are a plus.
Quality Engineering Technical Project Manager
You will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinate with the test team onshore and offshore and administer all processes and procedures and ensure compliance to all quality goals.
- Hands on quality engineering project manager who develops and executes test plans and troubleshoot systems to resolve issues and to unblock the quality engineers.
- Be able to track deliverables and milestones closely, bring to the attention of stakeholders all project priorities. Manage scope and schedule.
- Manage communication with business partners and senior management to achieve project objectives and perform tests and manage multiple functional areas.
- Technically savvy and able to address environmental issues, to understand and to reproduce defects.
- Solid understanding of white-box, functional, system, performance, regression and operational testing.
- Evaluate all customer complaints for quality, escalate issues if required and perform root cause analysis and recommend preventive and corrective actions.
- Maintain knowledge of systems and process standards and evaluate procedures to ensure adherence to all guidelines.
- Prepare reports for resource utilization and develop project estimates and schedules and coordinate with stakeholders and participate in various meetings.
- Manage regression test execution and design project deliverables and manage test environments.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies and learn and understand details of third-party applications and technologies
You are ideal for this role if you have:
- At least 5 years of experience in software quality assurance
- At least 2 years of experience in project management
- Demonstrated experience in testing and issue replication
- Ability to be flexible, adapting to changing priorities and able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to identify test scenarios and suites that can be automated
- At least 2 years of experience with project management methodologies
- 7+ years of experience managing technical projects
- 2+ years of experience in Agile practices
- Experience with test and deployment tools (CI/CD, Ansible, Kubernetes)
- Experience with telephony and networking protocols
- Experience with mobile applications - Android and iOS