We are looking for a Test Strategist to dive into the requirements of the Quality Engineering department, and design and develop manual regression tests to be implemented in a new platform. You'll work with Software Development groups, QE Automation Engineers, and in-house and overseas contracted personnel.
This is a hybrid role based in our Fairfield, CT office.
What You Will Be Doing
- Design and develop a cost effective, long-term test strategy promoting reusable components, low maintenance costs, high efficiency and scalability.
- Create effective test strategy and planning to ensure software quality following business, technical and functional requirements.
- Collaborate with agile team providing input for product backlog, sprint planning, story development, demos and team retrospective.
- Define entrance criteria and definition of “done” for QA deliverables
- Create test estimates and define reusable test assets
- Proactively manage testing for high visible products under tight deadlines
- Identify risk, bottlenecks in the test execution during architecture, planning and design
- Work with and support off-shore and on-shore manual resources
- Interact closely with development and quality engineers to design and execute test plans
- Conduct test case reviews ensuring quality engineers follow standards
- Coach junior engineers in test methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Participate in defect review and defect resolution meetings advocating for customers and high-quality products.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis of escapes and implement a test strategy to remediate issues.
What You Need for this Position
- Experience writing test plans and test cases
- Solid understanding of white-box, functional, system, performance, regression, and operational testing
- 1+ year experience with VoIP telephony.
- Bachelor of CS or Engineering
Bonus Points For:
- Experience in IP and networking protocols and architectures
- Experience in security, including security of networks, servers, and VoIP systems
- Working knowledge of Windows and UNIX preferably Solaris and/or Linux operating systems
- Linux, Windows, UNIX, Cisco, SQL, Avaya or Nortel PBX Administration
What's in It For You
- Outstanding benefits including 401K, full health insurance, commuter benefits, and generous PTO.
- IPC is growing fast, with over a thousand employees.
- Award-winning trading communications platform powering the global financial market.