We are looking for a Performance Test Engineer to conduct system-level performance and load testing. This position will also mimic customer environments and develop and support a test environment to ensure the quality of IPC's software products.
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead a performance testing team consisting of on/offshore team members of Quality Engineering Organization
- Design and mentor those in creating best-in-class performance testing approaches and plans for enterprise-wide projects
- Assist project members with infrastructure and application performance monitoring and analysis.
- Evaluate overall system capacity during end-to-end load tests.
- Work tightly with software development, architecture, and system engineering for performance testing and application analysis initiatives to define success criteria and evaluation methodologies.
- Work closely with the test management team to establish performance testing criteria.
- Provide quality, process, and technical leadership within the Performance Management team.
- Provide insight into performance bottlenecks leveraging a variety of skills and tool sets on multiple platforms.
- Establish a strong presence as a change agent providing innovative, effective, and efficient Performance Management practices and solutions.
What You Need for this Position
- 3 years of experience in performance testing.
- Experience with Mercury/HP Software automated performance testing tools (including test scripting, test execution, results analysis, tuning/troubleshooting, and reporting);
- Knowledge of VOIP systems (testing or installation);
- Experience with Agile
- Strong Experience in scripting (Perl, TCL, shell, etc.)
- Strong Experience in Load Runner (min. of 2 to 3 years). Test case writing and scenario designing.
- Must possess strong experience using and implementing best practice programs with respect to load generation, bottleneck analysis, usage of modeling tools, and statistical analysis.
- Strong experience in enterprise and distributed application performance testing
- Experience with SQL and Linux.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in Computer Engineering, IT or related field.
What's in It For You
- Outstanding benefits including 401K, full health insurance, commuter benefits, and generous PTO.
- IPC is growing fast with over a thousand employees.
- Award-winning trading communications platform powering the global financial market.