Federato is on a mission to defend the right to efficient, equitable insurance for all. We enable insurers to provide affordable coverage to people and organizations in the face of issues like the climate crisis, cyber attacks, and social unrest.
About the Role
As a Product Designer, you’ll concept and design pleasing and productive user experiences across the Federato platform. You’ll have the opportunity to create new experiences, refine existing designs, and influence the direction of the product moving forward. We move quickly to solve a wide range of complex product challenges with emphasis on end-user experience in the world of commercial underwriting.
What you'll get to do!
- As a Product Designer at Federato, you’ll define, prototype, and design new features and product improvements across the platform
- Create beautiful UI designs, features, and interactions that address specific user needs
- Advocate for the user and drive product design ideas that improve overall user experience
- Partner closely with founders, engineers, and designers to define and implement new features and offerings for customers
- Visually demonstrate product direction by producing mockups, wireframes, and visuals that guide a highly productive team of engineers
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
Who we hope you are!
- 4-10 years of professional design experience, preferably at fast-paced startups
- Portfolio link with examples of previous product design work
- Strong knowledge and experience with user-centered design processes
- Experience iterating with engineers and other team members on both visual and UX designs
- Highly organized and self-sufficient, with the ability to work autonomously and take ownership of end-to-end designs and product features
- Great presentation, collaboration, and communication skills
- Expert knowledge of design tools such as Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in FinTech/InsurTech
- Experience working in fast-paced startup environments
- Experience building design systems and managing UI pattern libraries
- Strong understanding of technical limitations and workflow for building reactive web interfaces (CSS/HTML/JSReact)
Here at Federato, your capabilities are important, but culture fit is quintessential. We move fast, are eager to listen to our users, take a first principles approach to solving problems, and value learning and the ability to change our minds. Most importantly, we're here to have fun, so sticks-in-the-mud need not apply.