Your products will be used to build the physical world. The construction industry is primed for a technology disruption from AI/ML, Computer Vision, autonomous drones, digital realities (AR/VR), edge computing, digital twins, and everything in between. You will build experiences that bring these disruptive technologies to the forefront for the many personas in the construction industry, including owners, contractors, trades, insurance, financing, etc.
You will set the technical direction for the portfolio of OpenSpace user interfaces and its application ecosystem, including Web, desktop, and mobile frontend experiences. You will build, grow, mentor, and manage our global frontend team and expand our presence within the greater frontend/mobile engineering community.
You are passionate about using your frontend and mobile engineering expertise to broaden the reach of our AI/ML/CV technology and make it easily accessible to all. You care deeply about building incredible products and take creating intuitive and powerful user experience interfaces personally.
You will manage a global team of frontend/mobile engineers, creating OpenSpace interfaces and collaborating closely with the product, design, backend, infrastructure, operations, and machine learning teams. You will work together to craft and implement new features for our platform using our cutting-edge tech stack - React, React-Native, Typescript, CSS, Electron, etc. - and bring new technologies/innovations to bear.
Our company is headquartered in San Francisco; however, this role is open to remote work-from-home applicants who live within +/- 4 hours of Pacific Standard Time.
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical vision and strategy for the immersive space.
- Design and lead multi-year technical roadmaps and take full responsibility for planning, overall execution, and success of complex technical projects.
- Envision the technical needs of our development partners and manage the tools and systems required for these relationships.
- Continually learn and apply relevant software development practices, patterns, tools, and technologies.
- Inspire teams to innovate, invent, implement, and deploy software solutions, including leading the teams through project pivots and deprecations in a complex environment.
- Hire, develop, and nurture diverse talent through effective mentoring, coaching, succession planning, and retention strategies in a high-energy environment.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of front-end software development experience,
- 2+ years of experience leading a team of 5+ engineers
- Experience in technical leadership, driving project teams, and setting technical direction.
- The ability to plan and execute short-term and long-term road maps that benefit our customers.
- The ability to improve processes to make your team more effective.
- Become a Product enthusiast and partner, intimately know the applications and customer needs.
- *BONUS: Experience with or understanding of AI, ML, Computer Vision, sensor tech, etc
- *BONUS: WebGL, Three.js, linear algebra experience is a plus
- *BONUS: Great if you’ve managed other managers
- *BONUS: Experience at both tech startups and larger scale consumer and enterprise companies
- *BONUS: Experience or understanding of Full Stack engineering (Java, platforms, databases, APIs, security, etc.)